Hope you all are doing well and making it through the cold winter!
I wanted to share a recipe that you must try before the winter is over. We just LOVE this chili & I love that it is a crockpot meal! We had it this week and Will actually put it all together in the crockpot for me. 🙂 I was about to run errands and forgot to put it together, so he did & it tasted fabulous!
Here it is!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 4 oz can green chilis (I had never added this, but Will did & it was a yummy addition!)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 lb (3ish) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Mix all the ingredients except the chicken together in the crockpot. Then put the chicken in to cook for 4-6 hours on High or 8-10 on Low. About half an hour before serving remove the chicken to shred it. Mix it all together again and let cook for another half hour.
Enjoy with some cheese and a dollop of sour cream! So good and healthy too!