Needing a fresh new way to use some rhubarb this summer??
Will and I inherited some rhubarb plants when we moved into our home last summer. I wanted to make sure we used it this year and thus began my search for rhubarb recipes and came across this one that we really enjoy!
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/3 c. brown sugar (I don’t make it a packed amount at all!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. butter* (I use coconut oil)
- 1/3 c. vanilla greek yogurt
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 c. chopped rhubarb
- 1 c. sliced strawberries (I have been using ones I froze from last summer!)
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. (as you can see I just used a pie pan…I only have one 8×8 and it always seems to be used at the time when I need it!)
- Combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in separate bowls (or you can be like me to save a bowl and do the wet first and add the dry!) 🙂 Fold in the rhubarb and strawberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes (until it looks set and golden brown).
Let me know how you like it and PLEASE share some other ways that you may enjoy using rhubarb!
*Did you know that you can substitute coconut oil for butter because of the fact that it is a solid at room temperature? Coconut is a huge rave right now, but for a good reason as it is easier for your body digest and to use as energy!